So Bazzite 1.1 is out now. Bazzite is a project that’s been on my radar. But if you haven’t heard of it, well… you’re in for a surprise. Bazzite is an alternative operating system for the Steam Deck and desktop PCs. It’s a SteamOS-like operating system that comes with many conveniences pre-installed.
For example, the following software is pre-installed:
- OpenRGB allows you to control any RGB peripherals
- GCAdapter_OC allows you to overclock the Gamecube Controller adapter to 1000hz polling
- Waydroid allows you to run Android applications
- The Nix package manager gives you access to an enormous repository of Linux software
- The System76 scheduler tweaks system process priority to optimize the gaming experience
- Multiple Xbox controller drivers provide greater functionality with Xbox peripherals
- And the proprietary Nvidia drivers give this OS better hardware compatibility
Bazzite bills itself as an Alternative to SteamOS and quote “a ready-to-game SteamOS-like for desktop computers and living room home theater PCs.”
This latest version includes a ton of new features including
- Calibrated color profiles for matte and reflective Steam Deck displays
- The ROM Properties shell extension
- Updated emoji font
- Greenlight Xbox Cloud client updated to 2.0
- And a myriad of other features!
Bazzite is an interesting project that I’m extremely excited to share with you. Let me know what you think! Leave me a comment and let me know!