The latest Steam Deck Beta Client released yesterday and it’s got some nice, albeit smaller improvements. The UI has been made snappier when reconnecting to Steam. Resuming a LAN transfer after manually stopping has been fixed.
A number of updates for the Xbox Enhanced Features driver were made including adding support for the Series X controller via the Xbox Wireless Adapter. Finally A quality of life feature is improvements to accepting a game invite from the Quick Access menu instead of having to jump to the chat interface. The full patch notes are listed below:
- Fixes for quotes surrounding shortcut exe and paths
- Made it easier to accept a game invite from the Quick Access menu. Selecting the invite will now prompt you to accept the invite, versus bringing you to the chat previously.
- Added ability to retrieve Steam Runtime System Information
- Improved UI responsiveness when reconnecting to Steam
Local Network Transfer
- Fixed resuming a local network transfer of a game with next download in case it was manually stopped previously
- Fixed crash exiting deadzone visualization
- Fixed the physical input visualization only looking at the first connected controller
- Fixed rumble for Nintendo Joy-Con controllers
- Added support for the Razer Wolverine V2 controllers
- Added the ability to reset the device input mapping in new Big Picture
- Added the ability to install and uninstall the Windows Xbox Enhanced Features driver to the new Big Picture controller settings
- Updated the Xbox Enhanced Features driver with the following changes:
- Added support for Xbox Series X controllers connected via the Xbox Wireless Adapter
- Fixed delay detecting hotplugged USB controllers, occasionally causing duplicate controllers in Steam
- Fixed interference with the Victrix Control Hub after the steamxbox driver has been uninstalled
- Added "Turn Off Steam Link" to the power menu
In other update news, Bottles saw its 51 update get released this week. The most noticeable change will be the newly remade Bottle dialog box, but other than that it’s a lot of bug fixes. Those who may not be familiar with Bottles, it’s a graphical interface for installing Windows applications and games using the Wine translation layer. You can see it in action thanks to Nick from The Linux Experiment in the video down below.
You can see the full changelog here:
Translations update from Hosted Weblate by @weblate in #2533, #2545, #2577, #2586, #2610, #2611 frontend: Replace emote-love with library icon by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2502 frontend: Remove Create a Bottle description by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2541 frontend: Ability to name the Bottle with special characters + duplicate bug fix by @Kinsteen in #2538 frontend: Fix various library crashes and empty library items by @Kinsteen in #2539 code: Add Pylint GitHub Actions against PRs by @Kinsteen in #2556 fix: Fix GTK critical error at startup by @Kinsteen in #2560 misc: Use media types instead of patterns by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2467 fix/urgent: downloads not working if no terminal attached by @Kinsteen in #2564 fix: remove add to library button if already in library by @Kinsteen in #2561 misc: Update issue forms by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2550 Network issue template by @StoneMoe in #2588 code: better Pylint by @Kinsteen in #2590 Migrate Config from dict to object by @StoneMoe in #2464 Add GitHub Action close issues if people are using a too old version by @Kinsteen in #2598 fix incorrect text codec detection by @StoneMoe in #2585 fix: Fix patool double extracting when not needed by @Kinsteen in #2591 fix: Invert
get_path()by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2625
Remake New Bottle dialog by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2505 frontend: Add toast for "Run Executable" by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2614 misc: Add information using bottles-cli by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2643 fix: Error when adding shortcut to Steam by @Kinsteen in #2589 fix: Create bottle crashing if no Nvidia GPU and NVAPI installs by @Kinsteen in #2607 Update translation files by @flipflop97 in #2656 fix inconsistent return type for WineCommand by @StoneMoe in #2658 flatpak: Remove Pillow by @jannuary in #2672 frontend: Gracefully handle ridiculous names by @jannuary in #2673 Make sure ListView gets updated properly when deleting a bottle by @cyberphantom52 in #2596 fix: Properly set paths for launch options dialog by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2695 fix terminal download progress crash by @StoneMoe in #2662 Don't enable Steam Runtime when switching to
wine-ge-protonby @SuperSamus in #2593
release: 51.0 by @TheEvilSkeleton in #2702
So are you going to experiment with Bottles? Do you use a Xbox Wireless Adapter with your Steam Deck? What’s your favorite controller for the Steam Deck? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below!