As is tradition around here, we end the show by talking about the Steam Deck software updates that have hit. This week, we have two Beta clients to talk about.
First: on Monday, we had an update that focused on Steam Input and Desktop mode.
- Reworked the layout of the mode settings page to show more content
- Added upper grips as an option for mode shifts.
- Filtered Mode Shift button options to only show available buttons based on the controller type.
- Fixed chord activator options for XBox and XBox Elite controller types.
- Improved Layout Preview for Nintendo Switch Joycon Left/Right/Pair.
- Fixed Capture button icon not being displayed for Joycon Pair.
- Fixed the Switch Pro Layout Preview not showing the gyro.
- Nintendo Switch SL/SR buttons now show up as Bumpers for single Joycons or Grip buttons for a JoyCon Pair.
- Joycon individual/pair Gyro now displays and functions properly.
- Hide the cursor when in gamepad-navigation mode in Big Picture
- Fixed Big Picture Mode keyboard window not exiting when closed.
- Fixed an issue with detecting game windows on Linux
And then small client update hit today that made the standalone and overlay keyboard moveable around the screen. The keyboard will cycle through a set of predefined positions.
Valve also added a fix for the windowed version of the controller configurator.
Finally, they added mouse buttons to the events that will skip the start-up movie.